Total views : 984
Plant Classification Based on Leaf Features
Plants are very much significant component of ecosystem. Plants can be used as foodstuff, in medicines and in many industries for manufacturing various products. Identifying those helps ensure the protection and survival of all natural life. Plant identification can be performed using many different techniques. As plant leaves are more readily available, it is efficient to identify and classify plants by using their leaves. Plant classification by using leaves requires different biometric features. This paper presents the review on various methods for plant classification based on leaf biometric features. For plant classification traditionally, the trained taxonomist and botanist had required to perform set of various tasks. The taxonomist usually classifies the plants based on flowering and associative phenomenon. It was found that this process was time consuming and difficult for following various tasks. The biometric features of plants leaf such as shape and venation make this classification easy. This review study may help the rural people for easily identifying in addition to classifying the plant based on the leaf features. This plant classification method include two basic tasks leaf biometric feature extraction and classification of plants based on these features.
Artificial Neural Network, Leaf Shape, Leaf Venation, Morphological Features, Probabilistic Neural Network.
- Abdul Kadir, L. E. ( 2011). Leaf Classification Using Shape, Color, and Texture Features,. International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology.
- J.Reddy L. Manjunatha Rao, a. M. (2012). “A study on multimodal biometric systems and Taxonomic identification of plant species”. International Journal of Advanced Computer and Mathematical Sciences ISSN 2230-9624. Vol 3, Issue 2 online available http://bipublication.com , pp 250-256.
- Ji-Xiang Du, D.-S. H.-F. (2006). Computer-aided plant species identification (CAPSI) based on leaf shapematching technique, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control. .
- K.singh, I. g. (December, 2010 ). “SVM-BDT PNN and Fourier Moment Technique for Classification of Leaf Shape”. International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Vol. 3, No. 4 . Kaur, G. K. (2012). Classification of Biological Species Based on Leaf Architecture,. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development.
- Langner, J. (2001). Leaves Recognition v.1.0. Retrieved from http://www.jenslangner.de/lrecog.
- ManishaAmlekar, D. R. (n.d.). “Leaf Features Based Plant Classification Using Artificial Neural Network”, IBMRD's Journal of Management and Research, Print ISSN: 2277-7830, Online ISSN: 2348-5922 .
- Stephen Gang Wu, F. S.-X.-F.-L. (2007). A Leaf Recognition Algorithm for Plant Classification Using Probabilistic Neural Network”,. IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Inform.
- Sumathi C.S., A. S. (June 2012). “Edge and Texture Fusion for Plant leaf classification”,. International journal of computer science and telecommunications ( IJCST), vol3,Issue 6 .
- Wang Zhi, Z. C. (2003). Shape based leaf image retrieval. Vision, Image and Signal Processing,. IEE Proceedings-. Vol. 150. No. 1. IET.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.