Total views : 627
Technology in Performance Appraisal System with Specific Reference to Group of Companies HSA and its Partners in the Republic of Yemen
Performance appraisal became more vital management tool through which companies can raise the performance levels of their employees. It is a systematic assessment process between employees and company management for the purpose of achieving organisational goals. This study aims to investigate and explore the purposes of performance appraisal and the significance of using technology in appraisal system. The researcher has been used quantitative approach to know the impact of various aspects of technology on current performance appraisal system and qualitative approach was used to study employees' perception regarding performance appraisal system. The survey was used to collect data from the respondents. The study found that, the appraisal system does not address the important purpose upon which it should. It is used only for promotion, feedback and payment purpose.The results of present study have clearly shown that majority of employees have strong wish to have effective factors of performance appraisal system. The study indicates that, online technology used in performance appraisal system.
Factors of Effective Performance Appraisal, Performance Appraisal, Technology in Performance Appraisal.
- Cardy, R. L. (2005). eHR and performance Management: A consideration of positive potential and the dark side. In: H. G. Gueutal & D. L. Stone (Eds.) The brave new world eHR: Human resources management in the digital age., (pp. pp. 138-165). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Davis, R. (1995). Choosing performance management, holistic approach Journal, Cupa Publication, New Delhi- India.
- Gueutal, H. G. (2005). eHR: Trends in delivery methods. In: H. G. Gueutal & D. L. Stone(Eds.) The brave new world eHR: Human resources management in the digital age., (pp. pp. 190-225). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- HAS Yemen Business. (n.d.). Retrieved 8 22, 2014, from http://hsagroup.com.
- History of company. (n.d.). Retrieved 8 22, 2014, from http://www.ycic.com/english/. Johnson, R. D. (2011). Transforming HR through technology: The use of E-HRand HRIS in organizations. Society for Human Resource Management. Effective Practice Guidelines Series. Alexandria, VA.
- Kurtzberg, T. R. (2005). Electronic performance appraisals: The effects of e-mail communication on peer ratings in actual and simulated environments. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 98,. 216-226.
- Levensaler, L. (2008). The essential guide to employee performance management systems (Part2).Bersin& Associates Research Report.
- Payne, S. C.-C. (2009). Comparison of online and traditional performance appraisal systems. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 24(6), , 526-544.
- Pulakos, E. D. (2009). Performance management: A new approach for driving business results. Chichester, UK: Wiley- Blackwell.
- RepublicofYemen, MinistryofIndustryandTrade.(2013,87).Retrieved from http://www.moit.gov.ye/moit/node/465.
- Weisband, S. &. (1999). Evaluating self and others in electronic and face-to-facegroups. Journal of Applied Psychology, 84, , 632-639.
- Wilson, J. (2005). Human Resource Development: 2nd edition. Kogan Page. London.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.