Total views : 728
Use of Information and Computer Technology to Improve the Performance of MSRTC in Ahmednagar District
Twenty first century is the era of the Technology. Information and computer technology has opened various avenues in front of us. Efficient and effective utilization of Information and computer technology could be very useful way to sustain in today's cutthroat competition. The business that proves to be responsive to customer questions, complaints, or other needs can gain a clear competitive advantage. In this paper, researcher had tried to analyse the performance of MSRTC in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra (India). Researcher collected data from financial year 2010-11 to 2012-13. Kilometers Produced, Total revenue, utilization of seating capacity, cost were prominent parameters. Secondary data analysis showed that Ahmednagar district has got tremendous potential for public road transport business. MSRTC in Ahmednagar district was not able to capitalize it as 40-42 % seating capacity of buses was unutilized ( Vacant).In addition to that there was a question on Reliability and Assurance factors of Service quality. It indicates that Primary research should be conducted to identify the gaps between customer's expectations from MSRTC and customer's perceptions about MSRTC in Ahmednagar District. This paper analysed the performance of MSRTC in Ahmednagar district and tried to suggest the use of ICT for improvement of Performance of MSRTC in Ahmednagar district.
CPKM, EPKM, ICT, Load Factor, MSRTC.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.msrtc.gov.in.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from Theconversation.com.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from Tsomobile.com.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from En.m.Wikipedia.org.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.ctoc.com.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.1usm.net.
- (2010-11). Annual performance review. Ahmednagar : MSRTC Ahmednagar division.
- (2011-12). Annual performance review. Ahmednagar : MSRTC Ahmednagar division.
- (2012-13). Annual performance review. Ahmednagar : MSRTC Ahmednagar division.
- Kedar, S. (2009 ). Database Management Systems,. Technical Publications, ISBN 978-81-8431 584-4.
- Nicole Gardner, M. H. Infostructure: A Transport Research Project,. Freerange Press.
- Proctor, K. S. (2011). Optimizing and Assessing Information Technology: Improving Business Project Execution,. John Wiley & Sons, ISBN 978-1-118-10263-3.
- Valimaki, M. H. (2012). "Information and communication technology in patient education and support for people with schizophrenia",. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews Reviews.
- Ward, P., & Dafoulas, G. S. (2006). Database Management Systems,. Cengage Learning EMEA, ISBN 978-1-84480-452-8.
- Weik, M. (2000). Computer Science and Communications Dictionary 2,. Springer, ISBN 978-0 7923-8425-0.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.