No-Touch Interface in ICT for Prosperous Rural Development
It is observed that there is a tremendous change in computer hardware and software. Simultaneously there was a change in types and devices of input and outputs for computers. As far as input to computer is concern, it was started from punched cards, then magnetic tapes and so on up to touch screen and voice input. The same case is happened with output of computer. At the beginning it was just information (Processed data). It might be in text or image formats. But now a days the output of computer is everywhere in the world (Directly or indirectly it is related with computers).Here I want to introduce "no-touch interface" of computer for "rural development". This research is not just descriptive or analytical research or survey. Here I want to suggest a solution for immediate problems facing a rural area of the India and world. So I will say this is applied research and somewhat it is laboratory research. I want to discuss role of "No-Touch Interface" of ICT in Rural Development. I will consider three major areas,
1. Information retrieval and communication in local languages
2. Automation in Agriculture and logistics
3. Role of Artificial Intelligence in quality control of agriculture products
In this paper, I will concentrate on 6 major applications to fulfill the above needs
1. Role of GPS and GIS in cultivation, transportation (Driverless tractors, sprayers, cultivators and vehicles)
2. Role of Sensors, Cameras and microcontrollers in horticulture and floriculture
3. New Cloud to forecast the agricultural production
4. Weather forecasting and planning
5. Automation in Disease detection, security, fertilizer and water management
6. Local Language (Voice) interface, Speech Recognition, TTS, Speech Synthesis
- Abhay Kumar and K. M. Singh. (n.d.). "Role of ICTs in rural development with reference to changing climatic conditions". ICAR Research Complex for Eastern Region, Patna.
- Bhoomi. (n.d.). Computerizing Land records. Retrieved from http://mahabhulekh.maharashtra.gov.in/.
- GPS Locations. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.gps-coordinates.net/.
- importance-of-computers-in-medicine.html. (2013, August 29). Retrieved from http://www.buzzle.com/articles.
- J., S. (2004). "E-Government . The Science of the Possible". Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Microsoft releases Kinect for Windows SDK 1.7. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-releases-kinect-for-windows-sdk-1-7/.
- p169.html. (2013, August 29). Retrieved from http://proceedings.esri.com/library/userconf/proc00/professional/papers/pap169/.
- recent-trends-no-touch-interfaces.html. (2013, Aug 29). Retrieved from http://indhuit.blogspot.in/2013/07/.
- Siri on iOS. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.apple.com/ios/siri/.
- uncrd_report_7.8.021.pdf.(2013, August 29). Retrieved from http:// edevelopment. media. mit. edu /SARI/papers.
- WEATHER FORECASTING. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.indiaweather.gov.in/.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.