Total views : 755
Effectiveness of Social Network Sites (SNS)
Two-thirds of the world's Internet population visit a social network or blogging site and the sector now accounts for almost 10% of all internet time. 'SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES' has overtaken personal Email to become the world's fourth most popular online sector after search, portals and PC software applications. Facebook has become the largest player on the global stage, dominant in many countries, yet localised offerings have won the day in many others. However, the growth in popularity of social networks - and the resultant broadening audience - is only half the story. The staggering increase in the amount of time people are spending on these sites is changing the way people spend their time online and has ramifications for how people behave, share and interact within their normal daily lives. Consequently, the global media and advertising industries are faced with new challenges around the opportunities and risks this new consumer medium creates. In this paper, researcher attempts to find the effectiveness of SNS and analyse the experience of users. This paper also throws light on usage pattern of consumers.
Social Networking, Facebook
- Boyd, D. and J. Heer (2006)"Profiles as Conversation: Networked Identity and Performance on Friendster". in International Conference on System Sciences, Kauai, Hawaii, January 4-7, 2006,IEEE Computer Society
- Boyd, D. M., & Ellison, N. (2007).Social Network sites: Definitions, History, and scholarship. Journal of computer-Mediated Communication,(e-journal) 13(1),http://www.blackwellsynergy.com/loi/jcmc (Accessed on 22 November 2012)
- Ellison, N., C. Steinfield and C.Lampe (2007) "The Benefits of Facebook "Friends:" Social Capital and College Students' Use of Online Social Network Sites", Journal of Computer- Mediated Communication, (e-journal) 12 (4),http://www.blackwellsynergy.com/loi/jcmc (Accessed on 28 November 2012)
- Hargittai, E. (2007) "Whose Space? Differences among Users and Non-Users of Social Network Sites",Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication (e-journal) 13(1),http://www.blackwellsynergy.com/toc/jcmc/(Accessed on 12 December 2012)
- Lacy K, Hernandez M (2009). Twitter Marketing for Dummies, wheat mark, pp. 14-20
- Livingstone, (2007). S Taking risky opportunities in youthful content creation: teenagers’ use of social networking sites for intimacy, privacy and self-expression (in press)
- Shih C (2009). The Facebook Era.Tapping online social networks to build better products, reach new audiences and selling more stuff. Prentice Hall Publication, pp. 85-128
- Stroud D. (2007). Social networking:An age-neutral commodity,Business week, pp. 105-165.
- Zarrella D (2010). The Social media marketing. O’Reilly Media.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.