Total views : 706
Workplace @ 2020
The liberalized, globalised policies and the increased level of competitiveness in the global scenario have exerted immense pressure on HR functions of domestic companies in India. To sustain and survive in such situations of crisis, the future organizations have to prepare themselves and develop their employees to compete with other organizations in every aspect - be it skills, efficiency and effectiveness. In the present competitive business environment, Indian organizations are undergoing a revolutionary change in reorientation of employment relations with their employees. For healthy Employee Relations (ER), it is essential to have well-defined proactive policies and procedures since reactive policies cannot sustain in the long term. In this context, organizations have shown keen interest in framing and implementing the policies and procedures which can address their global needs. However, there exists a gap when their implementation part comes into picture. Increasing competition, complex and changing economic environment, ever- increasing cost of labour and such other factors have compelled organizations all over the world to adopt proactive and innovative strategies towards ER. Companies with strong ER initiatives will definitely benefit because their workforce is highly motivated to expend their extraordinary efforts.
Employee Relations, Competition, Strategies, Workforce
- Chopra, Rakesh. K., 2001.“Management of Human Resources-Text & Cases”, Kitab Mahal Publications
- Kaulgi, R.G., 1977. “The strategy and tactics at the bargaining table”, In:Personnel Management: The Indian Scene, Y.B. Bhonsle (Ed.), New Delhi, S. Chand & Co.
- Kudchedkar, L.S., 1979. “Aspects of Personnel Management and Industrial Relations”, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi
- Naukri.com Advertisement
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workplace [Accessed 6th December 2012].
- http://thehiringsite.careerbuilder.com/2010/07/01/10-predictions-in-10-years-how-the-2020-workplace-willaffect-you/ [Accessed 3rd December 2012].
- http://workplace-2020.com/[Accessed 6th December 2012].
- http://www.e2conf.com/social/2011/presentations/free/78-dr-kariewillyerd.pdf [Accessed 7th December 2012].
- www.successfactors.com [Accessed 2nd December 2012]
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.