Total views : 772
CMES- a Need of Modern Pharmaceutical Marketing
The Indian pharmaceutical industry is growing at about 8 to 9 percent annually according to "A Brief Report Pharmaceutical Industry in India," published in January 2011. The Pharmaceutical industry in India meets around 70% of the country's demand for bulk drugs, drug intermediates, pharmaceutical formulations, chemicals, tablets, capsules, orals and injectables. There are approximately 250 large units and about 8000 Small Scale Units, which form the core of the pharmaceutical industry in India (including 5 Central Public Sector Units).
- Boush, D.M. & Loken, B. (1991) A process-tracing study of brand extension evaluation. Journal of Marketing Research, 28, pp. 16.28.
- Boush, D.M., Shipp, S., Loken, B., Gencturk, E., Crockett, S., Kennedy, E., Minshall, B., Misurell, D., Rochford, L. & Strobel, J. (1987) Affect generalization to similar and dissimilar brand extensions. Psychology &Marketing, 4(3), pp. 225.237.
- Bottomley, P.A. & Doyle, J.R. (1996) The formation of attitudes towards brand extensions: testing and generalizing. Aaker and Keller’s model. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 13, pp. 365.377.
- Chen, A.C.-H. & Chen, S.K. (2000) Brand dilution effects of extension failure: a Taiwan study. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 9(4), pp. 243.254.
- Czellar, S. (2003) Consumer attitude towards brand extensions: an integrative model and research propositions. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 20 (March), pp. 97.115.
- Darley, J.M. & Gross, P.H. (1983) A hypothesis-confirming bias in labelling effects. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 44, pp. 20.33.
- Ferrer JM. How are the costs of continuing medical education to be defrayed. Bull N Y Acad Med.1975;51:785-788.
- Gürhan-Canli, Z. & Maheswaran, D.(1998) The effects of extensions on brand name dilution and enhancement. Journal of Marketing Research, 35 (November), pp.464.473.
- Podolsky SH, Greene JA. A historical perspective of pharmaceutical promotion and physician education. JAMA.2008;300:831-833.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.