Total views : 258
Assessment of Quality Status in Management Institutes
In the present dynamic and competitive environment, business organizations are more focused on quality manpower with managerial skills. Management education is capable of providing such skills, but does it really able to produce quality output. Quality assurance and sustenance is possible with the help adopting and implementing Total Quality Management (TQM) philosophy and practices. Therefore, need to assess present status of quality in management institutes. This study and paper tried to assess various quality perspectives perceived by the internal stakeholders (Head, faculty members, support-staff & students) of the management institutes. The present study also assesses the students' outlook about management program for the strategic planning in the institutes. From the study it is revealed that, quality of management institutes are at average level and there is need to improve to meet the expectations of business organizations.
Management-Education, Management Institutes, Quality, TQM .
- Becket, N. B. (2005). “Analyzing quality audits in higher education”, Brookes e-learning Journal of Learning and Teaching, 1(2) , 1-22.
- Black, A. P. (1996). “Identification of the critical factors of TQM”, Decision Sciences, 27(1), pp. 1–21.
- French, R. G. (1996). “Rethinking management education”, London: Sage Ltd.
- Lakhe, R.,(1994). “Total quality management-Concepts, Evolution and Acceptability in Developing Economics”. International Journal of quality and reliability management, Vol.11 (9), 09-33.
- Motwani, J. (2001). “Critical factors and performance measures of TQM”, The TQM Magazine, 13(4) , pp. 292–300.
- Murad A., R. K. (2010). “Implementation of Total Quality Management in Higher Education”. Asian Journal of Business Management, 2(1), 9-16.
- P.Unde, A. (2013). “A Critical Study of Total Quality Management Practices in Management Institutions of Western Maharashtra”, Unpublished Ph.D. thesis, University of Pune.
- R. Narendran, V. N. (2000). “Changing Scenario of Management Education in India”, University News, 38( 50), December(2011), pp.4-5.
- Sangeeta, S. B. (2004). “Conceptualising total quality management in higher education”. The TQM Magazine, 16(2) , pp. 145-159.
- Zakuan, N. M. (2012). “Critical Success Factors of Total Quality Management Implementation in Higher Education Institution: A Review”, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 2(12), 19-32.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.