Total views : 532
Green Banking: An Overview
Change is the law of nature. The environment and climate change are the most complicated issues that world is facing today. So adoption of change is the need for the survival. Today's business is all about being green. From Wal-Mart to Apple, everyone is talking about how green they are. Being a financial organization banks are responsible for the economic development of the nation. Green banking means promoting environmental friendly practices and reducing carbon footprint from banking activities. Adoption of green banking practices will not only be useful for environment, but also benefit in greater operational efficiencies, a minimum errors and frauds, and cost reductions in banking activities. The present paper aims to highlight Indian initiatives by various banks adopting green banking in India. Further, an attempt has been made to highlight the major benefits, confronting challenges of Green Banking.
Banking, Eco-Friendly, Green, Online.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.abhinavjournal.com.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.gjar.org.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.iaamidnaporebranch.in.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.studymode.com.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.money-rates.com.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.commercedu.com.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.iracst.org.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from www.smbs.in.
- Ahuja, N. (January 2015). Green banking in India: A Review of Literature. International Journal for Research in Management and Pharmacy, Vol. 4, Issue 1.
- Bahl, D. S. (February 2012). Green Banking-The New Strategic Imperative. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics and Management, Volume 2, Issue 2.
- Bahl, D. S. (February 2012). The Role of Green Banking in Sustainable Growth. International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services and Management Research, Volume 1, Issue 2.
- Chaurasia, A. K. (February 2014). Green banking practices in Indian banks. JOMASS, Volume 1, Issue 1.
- Dr. Nishikant Jha, S. B. (2013, May). A study of green banking trends in India. Abhinav, Volume II.
- Ritu. ( September 2014). Green Banking: Opportunities And Challenges. International Journal of Informative & Futuristic Research, Volume 2, Issue 1.
- Singh, Y. (2015). Environmental Management Through Green Banking: A study of Commercial Banks in India. International Journal of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Studies, Vol 2, No.4.
- Suresh, C. B. (2015). "Green banking in India". Journal of Economics and International Finance. what-is-banking. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.allbankingsolutions.com/banking tutor/what-is-banking.shtml.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.